Yesterday me and my best friend Rosie decided to meet up and make some festive treats, we chose gingerbread men as we had all the ingredients and they are really simple to make. We didn't quite perfect the icing to a professional level but it was fun and we had some Christmas classics playing in the background, a very festive day! If you are interested in making them you will need these ingredients:
350g plain flour
175g soft brown sugar
1 medium egg
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1½ teaspoons of ground ginger
1. Put the flour, butter, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl and mix together with fingers until crumbly.
2. Add the sugar syrup and egg to create a firm pastry mix
3. Roll out your pastry (roughly 4-5mm thick) and cut whatever shapes you wish!
4. Place on a greased or non-stick baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes on 180°c/gas mark 4
5. Decorate your gingerbread & enjoy!
p.s reindeer cupcakes are our next venture so watch this space!