4 Tips For Job Seekers In 2021
Searching for a new role is exciting, but it can also be a little stressful. With plenty of competition, you’ll want to ensure that your application gets noticed. If you’re looking for a new job in 2021, take on board these four simple ideas.
1 . Optimize your application
In 2021 many recruiters and companies are using artificial intelligence to support their recruitment procedures. When you’re writing your CV focus on these areas:
- Upload as a Word doc: Some AI-based software cannot read PDF files. For this reason, it’s better to upload your CV as a word document.
- Focus on keywords: Use as many of the keywords from the job description as possible. It’s best to use exact-match keywords, as opposed to synonyms.
- Simple formatting: AI systems change CV docs into text-only format, so it’s best to focus on simple formatting. Avoid using graphics, custom bullets, or tables.
- Focus on personal branding
To improve your chances of getting a job this year, it’s a good idea to focus on your personal branding. Create a professional website, use it to talk about your goals and experience, and any freelance services you offer. Write a blog to discuss the hottest topics in your sector, using all the right keywords to drive SEO. When recruiters are going through their applications, an impressive website can help you to stand out.
- Grow your network
If you’re looking for a new role, one of the best things you can do is to grow your network. Channels like Facebook and LinkedIn can help you to create professional profiles, and make new connections. Besides this, there are a few networking apps you may want to try.
- Shapr: With the help of the Shapr app, you can create a professional profile, and meet inspiring contacts. The app encourages you to input your professional goals, and uses your preferences, to suggest suitable connections.
- Invitly: Using the Invitly app you can access 25 curated profiles every day. Whatever your professional goals are, Invitly can help you to meet the right people. Write your profile based on your education, industry, and work history, and the app will suggest the best matches.
- Sector-specific sites
When you’re looking for a new role it can be a good idea to focus on industry-specific sites. Whether you’re looking for a creative position or a remote role, choose a recruitment website that reflects your needs. For example, those looking for food industry jobs should check out Silven Recruitment.
Before you begin your search, it’s a good idea to write a list of what’s most important to you. Are you looking for an organization with a great company culture? Is it more important to find the highest-paid position possible? Start a career journal where you can write down your goals, and keep track of your progress. When you figure out exactly what you’re aiming for it’s far easier to kick start your career.